Thursday, March 21, 2013

#48 Chocolate Covered Kiwifruit










I learned that kiwifruit is native to China and that Italy is the largest global producer.
Did you know, that you can bite right in on its fuzzy skin? YES, the skin is edible!
This highly nutritious fruit can also be used as a meat tenderizer- nice to know!


CHOCOLATE COVERED KIWIFRUIT


Ingredients:

Ripe kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
Chocolate


Directions:
  1. Melt chocolate, then coat the sliced kiwifruit.
  2. Let it stand for a few minutes, allowing the chocolate to harden.
  3. Or just eat go ahead and eat it!









 






 Irresistible. I surrender.










2 comments:

  1. Hi Vannia and greetings from California. What a great concept for a blog. I admire your determination, organization and resolve. I will look forward to seeing your posts along the way. Though I might not write often, I will be cheering you on. And I had no idea that one could eat the skin of a kiwi. Imagine the first person to discover that!
    I also write a blog about food. But with my twist on relationships, family and friendships. Please visit. Or maybe follow. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mario! Thank you for your encouragement! It is much appreciated! Yes it is a very ambitious project, and we are loving it! My daughter received the highest achievement in Social Sciences at her school, I wonder if our frequent travels through our cooking helped?! :) I checked out your blog..WOW! Amazing content. I love your most recent post : http://mangiawithmario.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-left-my-heart-in-san-francisco_22.html ; SO AWESOME!! It's very inspiring. In these crazy times, in a city as big and as busy as SF, it's so heartwarming to hear a story about good people, and love. And I agree, San Francisco is an unforgettable place. I am now one of the many who awaits your posts! Thanks for the gift of your inspiration and your beautiful writing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete