Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#32 Deviled Eggs with Crabmeat (without mayonnaise)



I love eggs. I like 'em boiled, fried, poached and scrambled :)  I've never made Deviled Eggs before, so I searched and found recipes online but, since I don't like mayonnaise, I omitted it and used a less fattening substitute.  I experimented more, I added crab meat. It turned out really well, tastes great so I am sharing the recipe to you. I hope you will like it.


DEVILED EGGS with CRAB MEAT
(without mayonnaise)

Ingredients:

4 hard boiled eggs
5 tablespoons minced crabmeat
6 teaspoons light sour cream  
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
fine salt to taste
paprika, for garnishing
fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnishing

Directions:
  1. Boil eggs. 
  2. Drain and peel off the shells.
  3. Cut all 4 eggs in half length-wise, and remove the cooked yolk (yellow part), set in a bowl. Set the cooked egg whites aside.
  4. Using a fork or a spatula, break the cooked egg yolks into small pieces, add the crab meat, light sour cream, mustard and sweet pickle relish. Add a sprinkle of salt or to your taste. Mix well.
  5. Scoop a teaspoon (or more if you like) of the mixture and place in each egg white.  Sprinkle paprika and fresh parsley leaves.
  6. Store covered in the refrigerator. Serve cold.


Deviled Eggs originated in Rome. Very popular in all of Europe and the United States with so many variations. I will make variations from Sweden, Hungary, Germany and France very soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment