Wednesday, January 16, 2013

#42 Thai Beef Salad Wraps


Ahh this wrap was so good. It tasted so fresh, with the mint, cilantro and basil combined..plus the tender meat and sauce..yum! It was my third time to try Thai cuisine. I know, I know. Where have I been..haha. I missed out on a lot. Thai food is delicious I was told several times, and I totally agree.  It is very easy to make and we truly were more than satisfied!


THAI BEEF SALAD WRAPS


Ingredients:

1 pound flank steak, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray
1 cup cubed peeled cucumber
1/2 cup grape or cherry tomato halves
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
12 Bibb lettuce leaves


Directions:

  1. Prepare grill to medium high-heat.
  2. Sprinkle steak with salt and black pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 4 minutes on each side or untl desired degree of doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes.
  3. Cut steak diagonally across grain into think slices. Combine steak, cucumber, and the next 5 ingredients(through fresh cilantro) in a large bowl. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and red pepper. Drizzle over steak mixture; toss well to coat.
  4. Warm the tortillas according to the package direction. Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla. Spoon 2/3 cup steak mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.



Here is a picture of us visiting the Grand Palace in Bangkok. 
She's so cute. I like how big my lashes and hot pink shoes are :) 
I think we were on top of the palace's roof ;)


Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment