Sunday, January 17, 2016

#167 Brazilian Bread : Pao de Queijo


The first time we had this was in  February of last year, at Fogo de Chao in San Jose, it's a Brazilian Steak House. It was so good. I didn't know until recently that it is gluten-free and grain-free! I was very excited to make it and hoped that the recipe works!


I was lucky to have tapioca flour in the pantry and after 10 minutes prepping it, I was watching my little bread balls baking in the oven closely... I wondered if it was going to crack, pop..or burn?! I was hoping for the best. 20 minutes later, I was enjoying my hot Pao de Queijo! It was crispy on the outside, rubbery on the inside. And that's how it is supposed to be, I was glad it turned out great!


PAO DE QUEIJO
Ingredients: 
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups tapioca flour
2 teaspoons garlic
2/3 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 beaten eggs 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. In a large saucepan, add olive oil, water, milk and salt, bring to boil and then remove from heat immediately.
  3. Stir in tapioca, mix well until well blended, around 10 minutes by hand, 5 minutes using a mixer.
  4. Form little bite sized balls with well-oiled hands. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
  5. Bake until tops are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.


Found a hero in this... Love it!!!


If you enjoyed this post, follow this blog as we will be posting 198 more recipes! 198 recipes to discover, learn to cook, take pictures and post here to complete the goal of 365!
 Will I finish this big task? Check back often to see my progress!
xo V. 





No comments:

Post a Comment