Saturday, October 17, 2015

#160 Easy Dinner Rolls


While I was growing up in the Philippines, I've always wanted to make breads, I would day dream that someday I will have my own oven. Can you believe that it wasn't until I moved to California 8 years ago that the dream finally came true?! Breadmaking was just not something that was commonly done in  the kitchens of average households back then and most probably even until now. It costs  a lot to own a working oven in my former home country, gas is not cheap and it was so inexpensive to buy delicious pastries from a local bakery. I knew I was somehow different, and always wanted to create things from scratch, but the resources weren't there. Now I can bake as much as I can. I consider myself especially blessed. :) 
My daughter looooves eating bread, and so when I made these easy and delicious dinner rolls from scratch, she was in heaven. I enjoyed making it because it  was too easy and the house smelled yummy. I used organic ingredients,  and after hours or waiting, we had 24 soft and fluffy dinner rolls. It keeps well in the fridge and freezer,  this batch lasted for several days. You can just throw it in the oven for a few minutes to heat it up before serving. Ready to make your own? Here's how:

EASY DINNER ROLLS
Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 packages yeast - Do not use the quick rising variety
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/4 cups flour
Directions:
  1. Combine water and yeast in a large bowl, let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Add butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Stir it well.
  3. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mix well.
  4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or you can make ahead up to 3 days.
  5. Grease 13 x 9 pan
  6. Turn dough out onto floured surface, divide into 24 pieces.
  7. Roll each piece to form a smooth round ball.
  8. Place in rows in greased pan, cover and let it rise for 1 hour or until the size doubles.
  9. Bake at 375 degrees F for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
  10. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from here 






Organic Flour and  Yeast ( pack of 8) is available at a good price on Amazon.com :

No comments:

Post a Comment