Thursday, April 25, 2013

#77 Moroccan Spiced Carrots


Mmm, very fragrant. I have never roasted carrots with powdered cinnamon and cumin before. In fact, I bought my first jar of cumin powder only when I started this blog in November of last year. When I first saw this recipe, I was very curious about how it will turn out, luckily I had a bunch of carrots..which I was planning to add to my soups. It looked really good, and Moroccan food is one of my top favorites! So I turned on the oven and started peeling the carrots, seasoned it and then a few minutes later in the hot oven, the house smelled nice...My daughter asked "What's that yummy smell?".  It was the wonderful mix of the roasted lemons, the distinct aroma of spices, the oils and the vegetables. I found this in a cooking light magazine and had to make it. I knew it is a nutritious guilt-free dish  that I can binge on. What I did not expect at all is the smell and the unique taste that's just lovely.




Yield: Serves 4 

Moroccan Spiced Carrots


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
12 ounces peeled baby carrots
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro


Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees.
  2. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; sprinkle with cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper, tossing to coat carrots. Arrange carrot mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.  Bake at 450 F degrees for 13 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cilantro.





I love surprises, and this one gave me a big one. I will make many more in the future.










No comments:

Post a Comment