Friday, April 26, 2013

#78 Guacamole

In the past, I ate Avocados only when dipped in sugar or made as a milkshake.. Until I tried Guacamole for the first time...it is the best! I did not know this wonderful sauce existed until I came to California. If you have never tried it, I'm sharing a simple recipe that will truly make you want to make more. Guacamole originated in Mexico, it is an old dish that was first created by the Aztecs in the 16th century. It can be eaten as a sauce, a dip or salad condiment. Here in the US, it has become an important part of American cuisine. I know why, it's awesome! I got these Avocados which are smaller in size than normal from a local farmer, who parks his truck right across the street from my daughter's school. Usually sold for $1.99 each fruit at the grocery stores.. it was $5 for a bag of 15 great tasting organic Avocados. :)



GUACAMOLE

Ingredients:

3 ripe Avocados
lime
cilantro, chopped
jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Slice avocados in half, remove the meat and mash it in a bowl.
  2. Add fresh squeezed lime juice, chopped cilantro, jalapenos, salt and pepper to taste.  

You can also add the following: chopped tomatoes,  a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of cumin, diced onions, 1 clove minced garlic. It will taste great. But I like mine with just the 6 ingredients listed in the recipe.




This avocado-based sauce has pushed avocado sales to 30 million pounds on two days a year: 
Superbowl Sunday and Cinco de Mayo.



Avocado + Lime + Salt + Cilantro + Jalapenos + Pepper = Delicioso! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment