Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#118 Mango Muffin Loaf




We were in the mood to make muffins, but after finding the box that I thought had enough blueberries, empty, I decided to use the fruit sitting in the   fridge next to it. Mango. Somebody told me it is one of the most delicious fruits ever, and I totally agree. My regret is that when I was living in the Philippines I never got to this point, where I would incorporate this fruit to salads, sauces and pastries. Before, mangoes were abundant, comes in baskets and costs nothing but just an effort to pick it from the low branches, or on the ground after it fell.  My Mama has several fruit mango trees, it's fruit is soo sweet, and my father has I think at least a hundred of mango trees, could be less- like 75; back then, we'd just simply slice and eat  5 to 10 mangoes after lunch. When I look at mango nowadays, I think of what dish I could make using a single mango, haha. It's quite expensive to buy too. This was a great experiment, one of the three mangoes I had on that day was put into good use, and what a joy to find a moist mango flavored muffin loaf, we love it!

MANGO MUFFIN LOAF

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup chopped mango meat, or the meat of 1 whole mango
1/2 cup white sugar


Directions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease loaf pan.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.





 
 

  Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment